South Okanagan Drug Alert – Beige Down
Interior Heath has issued a DRUG ALERT for the South Okanagan after an increase in overdose activity associated with a beige substance sold as ‘Down/Fentanyl’. This substance has been found to contain Fentanyl with no cuts/buffs (additives).
High risk of overdose and death.
No matter what or how you use (smoking, snorting, injecting) take steps to prevent overdose
- Know the risks when mixing drugs
- If you must use while alone, consider using the Lifeguard app which can connect you with 911 emergency responders if you overdose. Download at the App Store or Google Play.
- When using your substance start with a small amount, and then go slow.
- Use with others or at an Overdose Prevention or Supervised Consumption Site, if one is near you.
- Know how to respond to an overdose – call 911, give rescue breaths and naloxone.